Your heart is one of the most important organs in your body, so when it comes to heart health, you never want to compromise on quality medical care from experienced, knowledgeable doctors who care about their patients. If you suspect that you may have symptoms of a heart problem, it’s incredibly important to get evaluated right away. At Doctor Today, our certified cardiologists have years of training and experience, understanding all of the intricate details of the human heart. They’ll examine you and pay attention to your symptoms, arriving at an expert diagnosis so that you can get the help you need to keep your heart healthy.
Our staff of experienced physicians provides effective cardiology consultation and treatments
for patients with a wide variety of cardiovascular disorders, which can occur for different reasons and prevent with different signs and symptoms. There are many effective, up-to-date approaches to treating many types of heart disease, ranging from medications like beta blockers, to surgery, to lifestyle changes like a healthier diet and regular exercise. Our physicians will work with you to determine the best possible course of treatment when you’re struggling with cardiovascular problems.
Some of the heart problems we routinely provide treatment for include:
- Heart attacks. A heart attack can be devastating. These cardiovascular events occur when blood flow to the heart stops, which causes damage to the heart muscles. They present with telltale symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain, nausea, and faintness. If you have heart attack symptoms, you need immediate medical attention. A heart attack can easily cause heart failure or cardiac arrest, which are often fatal. We also provide consultation for patients who may be at risk for a heart attack, including people with high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, diabetes, and high blood cholesterol. Seeing a doctor for cardiology consultations and treatments early on can save your life by preventing a heart attack if you have significant risk factors.
- Ischemic heart disease. Ischemic heart disease encompasses a variety of potentially serious cardiological conditions, including angina, myocardial infarction, and coronary heart disease. Angina is a condition that causes chest pain because of restricted blood flow to the heart muscles. It’s important that ischemic heart disease be treated quickly and effectively. If left undiagnosed, it can lead to a heart attack or sudden cardiac death. Proper cardiology consultation and treatments can help you manage ischemic heart disease, prolonging your life span and improving your health.
- Adult and congenital heart disease. Many types of heart problems are congenital, meaning they are present from birth. They’re often caused by genetic inheritance. These abnormalities in the heart can obstruct normal blood flow, or cause blood to flow irregularly. Some children with congenital heart problems present symptoms early on, but in some cases, it doesn’t present until adulthood. If you’ve had a sudden onset of heart problems as an adult, congenital heart disease is an important potential diagnosis to consider.
- Pregnancy-related cardiovascular disease. In some cases, heart problems can arise during pregnancy. If you’re expecting a child, it’s important to keep an eye on any possible signs of heart problems. Some of the major risk factors in pregnant women include hypertension, diabetes, previous heart trauma, or infection. Seeking proper treatment will protect both your own health, and the health of your child.
- Refractory hypertension, more commonly known as “high blood pressure,” is a chronic condition in which the blood pressure in your arteries is too high. This can lead to many other health problems, including coronary artery disease, strokes, aneurysms, and kidney disease. If you have high blood pressure, it’s important to seek cardiology consultations and treatments that will help you get it under control. This often includes medications, along with lifestyle changes to your diet and exercise habits that help combat the problem.
- Heart failure. Heart failure is often fatal, unless treatment is administered immediately. It occurs when the heart is no longer able to pump blood to the rest of the body. Coronary artery disease is one of the most common causes of sudden heart failure, so it’s incredibly important to seek proper treatments for this condition to increase your lifespan. There are many common risk factors for heart failure that you should discuss with your cardiologist, including ischemic heart disease, smoking, high blood pressure, obesity, and diabetes. They can work with you to manage these conditions, helping your heart to function properly to prevent heart failure from happening.
- Lipid disorders involve high concentrations of fatty substances, mainly cholesterol, in the blood. Over time, this leads to buildup along the walls of the arteries, restricting blood flow and potentially causing a heart attack or heart failure. It usually develops from a combination of diet and genetics, but it can be treated effectively with weight loss and lifestyle changes.
- Palpitation and arrhythmias. These conditions involve an irregular heartbeat, which may be too fast, too slow, or irregularly paced. Heart palpitations can be a symptom of many cardiovascular disorders, including ischemic heart disease, and are often accompanied by lightheadedness, fainting, chest pain, or shortness of breath. If you’re experiencing these symptoms, you should see a cardiologist right away.
If you suspect that you might be having heart problems, don’t wait until it’s too late. Call us today and ask about cardiology consultations and treatments that can help you improve your heart health and overall wellness.